Only current OFE participants will be considered for the positions highlighted in this post. If you are interested, register by talking to one of our Employment Services Advisors in the Live Chat window. Subscribe to our blog to receive regular updates on this post and new articles!
While we’re not quite back to normal yet, things are looking up in the world of employment. At the time this article was written, OFE had 182 active job leads. Let me give you some background on this number.
There’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes at OFE, and a lot of people that are involved in your job search without you even knowing. Employer Liaisons fall into that category. Their main goal is to connect participants directly to the job. Liaisons spend their days talking to employers and seeking out hidden job leads. What are hidden job leads? They’re the positions that aren’t posted online and are most often only found through a network.
We’ve talked about the importance of having and building your network before, but we know how hard that is to do, which is why Liaisons try to do some networking for you. The 182 active job leads were the result of their conversations with OFE’s Employer Partners. They then share those leads with Employment Consultants, who in turn share them with you! And of course you’re already familiar with the other pieces of the puzzle, Facilitators train and prepare you for these jobs and other OFE staff support and motivate you.
Below is a sneak peak of positions our Employer Partners are looking for. If any of them interest you and you want to know more, talk to your Employment Consultant. They’ll make sure that:
- You understand the position’s duties and requirements
- You’re the right fit for the position and employer
- You have all the tools you need to apply
After that they’ll walk you through the application process.
Now onto the job leads!
Position: Direct Support Workers
- Aims to provide holistic, person-centered supports for their clients
- Values respect, personal growth, advocacy, relationships, integrity and inclusion
- Different locations around the city
- CLB 6 or minimum Grade 10 education
- Degree in Social Sciences and/or Disability and Community Support Diploma an asset
- Demonstrated ability to assist vulnerable people in achieving personal outcomes
- Clear Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector check
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle an asset
- Offers customized, world-class cleaning services for their clients
- Employs highly-trained, highly-skilled people with diverse backgrounds
- Provides meaningful work for people who face barriers to employment
- Prides themself on excellent customer service
- Must have a driver’s license
- Be available to work any time between 7:00AM – 9:30AM
- Previous experience an asset but will be trained
- Focused on creating exceptional products
- Aims to deliver meaningful value to their customers
- People-oriented and safety-focused
- Plenty of opportunities for professional development and growth
- Able to use measuring equipment (for both Imperial and Metric Systems)
- Able to read and interpret specifications sheets, photos and other instructions
- Experience with staple gun, air drill and similar tools as asset
- Previous experience in manufacturing or construction environment an asset
- Physically able to stand for 8 hours a day, lift and manipulate objects 25-35kg
Talk to your Employment Consultant for more details on these positions and for how to apply!