Only current OFE participants will be considered for the positions highlighted in this post. If you are interested, register by talking to one of our Employment Services Advisors in the Live Chat window. Subscribe to our blog to receive regular updates on this post and new articles!
Good news, Manitoba! More businesses are starting to increase recruitment in anticipation of being able to offer more services. At the time this article was written, OFE had 171 active job leads in the following sectors: Health Services, Call Center, Retail Customer Service and Manufacturing/Production.
The goal of OFE’s Employer Liaisons is to connect participants directly to the job. They spend their days talking to employers and seeking out hidden job leads. What are hidden job leads? They’re the positions that aren’t posted online and are mostly found through a network.
We’ve talked about the importance of having a network before, but we know how hard that is to do. This is why Liaisons try to do some networking for you. The job leads on this post and others shared with you by your Employment Consultant are the result of their conversations with OFE’s Employer Partners.
Below is a list of positions our Employer Partners are hoping to fill, as well as the number of openings we currently have in that sector as a whole. If any of them interest you, talk to your Employment Consultant. They’ll make sure that:
- You understand the position’s duties and requirements
- You’re the right fit for the position and employer
- You have all the tools you need to apply
After that they’ll walk you through the application process.
Now onto the job leads!
Position: Sewing Machine Operators
Number of openings in this sector: 25
- Free training for non-experienced Sewing Machine Operators
- Productivity bonus and comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Physically able to sit for 8 hours a day
- Able to lift and maneuver objects weighing a minimum of 25lbs (12kgs)
- Able to start work at 7 AM, Mon – Fri
Position: Direct Support Workers
Number of openings in this sector: 21
- Aims to provide holistic, person-centered supports for their clients
- Aims to have barrier-free acceptance and full opportunity for their clients and employees
- Values respect, personal growth, advocacy, relationships, integrity and inclusion
- Different locations around the city
- Willingness to help those most vulnerable during the pandemic
- CLB 6 or minimum Grade 10 education
- Degree in Social Sciences and/or Disability and Community Support Diploma an asset
- Demonstrated ability to assist vulnerable people in achieving personal outcomes
- Clear Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector check
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle an asset
Position: Customer Service Representatives
Number of openings in this sector: 29
- Passionate culture committed to excellence
- Safety and well-being of their employees is their top priority
- Positions allow you to work from home
- Various shifts available to best suit your lifestyle
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Comfortable using computers
- Confident talking on the phone, emailing and using chat to speak with clients
- Strong internet connection
- A quiet space to work
Talk to your Employment Consultant for details on the positions highlighted and all other current openings!